- Prepare and review of reconciliations around the monthly close process, corporate office consolidation and financial statement preparation and analysis for multiple general partner entities;
- Liaise with external tax preparers to ensure the review and timely completion of all investor tax returns and state and federal tax filings;
- Perform a final review of month end closing schedules including review of reconciliations and lead schedules;
- Work with the leadership team to review portfolio and financial reporting, waterfall structures, calculations of management fees and contributions and distributions to partners;
- Assist with annual budget and forecasting preparations and identifying monthly variances to ensure all expenses have been properly rebilled to the appropriate entity;
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and reporting packages for dissemination;
- Continuously evaluate current accounting methodology and processes to suggest improvements/best practices that promote efficiency, accuracy, and timeliness
The successful candidate will be:
- Highly collaborative adept at multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment;
- Problem-solver that likes change and innovation;
- Exceptionally detail-oriented with the ability to oversee several projects on short deadlines;
- Outgoing, straightforward, and creative with a proven ability to present and convey information effectively;
- An adaptable, flexible who enjoys working as part of an active group of highly engaged individuals; and
- A person who presents a high degree of maturity, honesty, and integrity and sets a tone of excellence for the accounting team
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of solid GL accounting, financial reporting, and technical accounting experience obtained ideally through a balance of public and private experience – large public accounting experience preferred;
- Familiar with K-1s, Texas Franchise Tax, and various state fillings preferred;
- CPA licensee required with a minimum BBA with accounting concentration; and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
To be considered for this position, please take the following steps:
- Please email your resumé and contact information to email@example.com.
- In addition to providing your resumé, applicants are also required to take the behavioral assessment located here.
The behavioral assessment should take less than 10 minutes to complete. It is not a test, and there are no right or wrong answers.